Thank you for considering employment with the Tata Centre for Development. Below is a list of openings with TCD and our projects. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Communications Officer
Type of Position: Fixed-term contract until March 31, 2020; extension subject to funding
Location: New Delhi
- Master’s degree in Mass Communications or an equivalent qualification.
- Strong applicants with relevant Bachelor’s degrees will also be considered
- 3-5 years of experience in media and communications, preferably in the development sector
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be leveraged in different scenarios;
- Experience of creating/editing multimedia products like videos and podcasts;
- Knowledge of Photoshop and similar software;
- Knowledge of data visualisation software for generating infographics;
- Experience of designing publications such as reports, policy briefs, brochures, etc.;
- Knowledge of analytics tools, including Google, Twitter, and Facebook Analytics;
- Experience of organising events;
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills, while producing work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with the development economics space or previous experience of working in such an organisation will be an advantage;
- Experience of working with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams is desirable.
- Coordinate and implement communication strategies to strengthen visibility of the work of I4I, IGC India, and TCD;
- Develop and implement social media campaigns across all platforms;
- Work with different teams to translate technical updates, reports, and case studies into multimedia content (infographics, GIFs, videos) that can engage and influence different stakeholders;
- Conduct on-page and off-page SEO for driving traffic to websites and provide recommendations on optimizing existing content;
- Design and develop key communications assets such as press releases and brochures for different stakeholders, while ensuring consistency with the organisations’ style guidelines;
- Design and disseminate newsletter (preferably via MailChimp) among different stakeholders;
- Design and develop event-based collaterals, and assist with the planning, development, and running of events;
- Monitor the success of social media campaigns using relevant metrics: engagement and growth targets;
- Maintain content inventories including photos, videos and design assets.
Please email a covering letter, CV, and details of two academic/professional references to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About TCD at UChicago
An affiliated centre of the Becker Friedman Institute for Economics at UChicago, TCD upholds the university’s tradition of applying economic thinking to a wide range of social challenges and advancing important research on India through a convergence of scholars from across disciplines. To translate research insights into policy action, TCD engages with policymakers at all levels of government and policy entrepreneurs across sectors and launches pilot projects to demonstrate success.
The IGC aims to promote sustainable growth in developing countries by providing demand-led policy advice based on frontier research. The IGC organizes and directs a global network of researchers and policy experts in economics, political economy, and related disciplines, and works closely with developing country governments to undertake high-quality research, and provide policy advice on economic growth issues. IGC is directed by the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and University of Oxford.
I4I is an economics and policy portal that provides a platform for evidence-based analysis and commentary on growth and development in India. It publishes research-based articles, opinion pieces, experience-based ‘notes from the field’, debates, explainers, podcasts, and videos across a wide range of topics, including but not limited to agriculture, environment, governance, human development and urbanisation.
- Research Intern
Type of Position: Fixed-term contract
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies or any other relevant discipline in Social Sciences.
The candidate should:
- Be interested in economic/policy research
- Have command over English and good interpersonal skills
- Be able to take initiatives and carry out tasks independently
- Manage pilot data collection in Bihar and Delhi
- Help with qualitative interviews with local journalists and politicians
- Translate interviews and documents from Hindi to English
- Other research and logistical tasks as identified by project leads
Email a copy of CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with “Research Intern– Summer 2019” in the subject line. CVs should be emailed as PDF and the file name should be in the following format: last name cv.pdf (everything in lower case).
July 27, 2019
About the project
Behavioral Economics of Fake News, one of the projects run by the Tata Centre for Development at UChicago Trust, aims to empirically establish a series of first-order violations of the standard economic approach to information processing and decision-making.
To know more about the project, visit https://bit.ly/2XWswZm