Thank you for considering employment with the Tata Centre for Development. Below is a list of openings with TCD and our projects. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Program Associate - Jharkhand Star Rating Program
Type of Position: Program Associate, Consultant (1-year)
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
About the Role:
Reporting to the TCD Program Lead at the University of Chicago Trust in India, TCD is hiring a Program Associate with strong policy advocacy and data analysis skills to lead the Star Rating Program in Jharkhand. The program is be implemented in close coordination with the State Pollution Control Board. The Program Associate will be engaged in developing a customized program along the lines of the Star Rating Program in Maharashtra (www.mpcb.info) and Odisha (www.ospcb.info), liaise with the Jharkhand State Pollution Control Board in implementing the program, develop a robust data management system, review the policy framework in the energy and environment space and propose regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, power & energy, environmental science, engineering or a similar field is required
- Master’s degree in energy domain is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience including work in program delivery and/or public policy related to energy or climate programs in India.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong track record in managing programs and teams, preferably in the energy and climate or related finance areas.
- Advanced academic degree (Post Graduate) may count towards work experience
- Experience with and/or academic training in data analytics through statistical tools and research methods required
- Experience working with advanced excel, Strata or R is a plus
- Familiarity with research in energy and environment is is a plus
- Prior experience working closely with SPCBs in design and delivery of environmental projects will be an added advantage.
- Strong data analysis skills through Benchmarking and Statistical tools like
- Strata and R with demonstrable training and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulations, Energy and Environmental policy literature is required; work/research experience in the area is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present data in a simple and straightforward way for non-technical audiences required
- Communicate with local municipal authorities, state government officials and local industries.
- Build strong external relationships and partnerships with state governments, research organizations, think tanks and civil society on issues related to energy and environment
Interested applicants must submit an online application. Application includes resume and short letter of suitability that includes relevant examples to explain your application. If you encounter any issues with the online application or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by March 31, 2019.
About the Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC India)
India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.